P.O Box 02, Karuguuza| Tel: +256-772-479462| E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Production and Marketing
PRODUCTION AND MARKETING DEPARTMENT
DPO MONITORING DRYING OF COFFEE BEANS IN KARAMA S/C
The Sector is mandated to promote crop and livestock production and productivity in order to ensure food security, better nutrition and increased income to farming families in the district.
- Composition of the Department
- Crop subsector
- Livestock subsector
- Fisheries subsector
- Entomology subsector
- Specific objectives of the production and marketing Department
Increased incomes of farming households
Improved household food and nutrition security
Sustainable use and management of agricultural resources
Increased value addition
Promote regional and international trade in agricultural produce and products
- Key outputs of the Department
- Government policies, programs, projects, regulations and strategic action plans on production and Marketing implemented.
- Delivery of production and marketing extension services in the District coordinated.
- Detection and control of the threat and occurrence of pests, vermin and animal epidemics monitored.
- Use and management of Production and marketing facilities monitored.
- Use of appropriate production technologies and best marketing practices promoted.
- Market information acquired and disseminated.
- Veterinary and animal husbandry activities regulated and related services provided to farmers.